About Human Services
Take advantage of the smaller classes at Greenfield Community College while engaging in your preparation for a career in human services.
Human Services Students say:
- "The course work in HSV enabled me to upgrade my potential in a counseling position I am currently holding."
- "The new curriculum is relevant and useful. I'm really excited."
- "The courses facilitated my ability to bring together theory and practice."
- "The HSV program definitely was responsible for getting me hired in my current job."
- Familiarize students with the basic qualities, strategies and activities common to the field.
- Help students understand the roles and responsibilities needed to become effective human services workers.
- Familiarize students with contemporary therapies used in the human services field.
- Develop basic interviewing and counseling skills.
- Provide supervised field work.
- Enable students to further studies through transfer to baccalaureate degree-awarding institutions.